Federal Tax Credit
Purchase a qualifying Wood or Pellet Stove or Insert and claim a 30% tax credit on the purchase AND installation of the unit!
Browse our showroom’s wide selection of Stoves and Inserts.
Consult with our hearth design experts to help you pick the style and fuel for your
home’s heating needs and to learn more about saving 30% with the Federal Tax Credit.
Depending on the type of fuel you want to choose, a stove can add ambiance and warmth to any room. Let Angerstein's help you find the right stove for you.
- Benefits: Natural and available. Wood can supplement furnace usage and reduce heating costs up to 30%.
- Fire Characteristics: With a wood stove expect robust, steady fires. Our wood products deliver powerful heating performance and efficiency.
- Fire Starting: Paper, kindling, and a fire-starting log are effective.
- Type of Heat: Adding more fuel will immediately increase convective heat. Radiant heat will remain steady.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Dry storage is important. A cord of wood is stacked 4'x4'x8'. On average, a 1,500 sq. ft. home will require 2-4 cords per season.
- Benefits: Convenience. Gas Stoves allow you to quickly turn the fire on or off, adjust the flame height and the fire intensity.
- Fire Characteristics: Gas fires are consistent and controllable by design. You have the ability to choose the fire's intensity.
- Fire Starting: Flip a switch or grab your remote. It's that easy.
- Type of Heat: Enjoy a steady mix of radiant and convective heat - more with Vent-Free logs then Direct Vent.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Natural gas is piped directly to your home by a gas utility. Propane gas is stored on site in an above or below ground tank which is refilled by an LP gas provider.
- Benefits: Pellet Stoves have extremely low particulate emissions due to high burn efficiency and density of the fuel.
- Fire Characteristics: Most pellet units have much higher combustion and heating efficiencies.
- Fire Starting: Some units have automatic ignition while others need you to manually light the pellets.
- Type of Heat: Adding more fuel will increase convective heat. Radiant heat will remain steady.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Like wood, dry storage is suggested. Pellet fuel is normally sold in 40-pound bags. Normal usuage is 3-4 tons a year, about 150 - 200 bags. Bags are often sold as 1 ton on a pallet.
- Benefits: Electric stoves offer extremely reliable heat. You don't need to purchase gas or wood and they do not require venting. They also can be installed almost anywhere.
- Fire Characteristics: Electric Stoves give off a unique, hypnotic glow with no actual flames..
- Fire Starting: Use an outlet or have the unit hardwired. Then, simply flip a switch or grab your remote.
- Type of Heat: Electric stoves produce radiant heat and allow you to completely control the heat output.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Electric stoves are extremely hassle-free and don't require any fuel storage.